Effective January 2019
The Board of APLS is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which the organisation collects, holds and administers.
The purpose of this document is to provide a framework for APLS in dealing with privacy considerations.
Personal information is any information that directly or indirectly identifies a person.
APLS recognises the right of individuals to have their information protected in accordance with Victorian Privacy Laws and the Information Privacy Act 2000. This means that APLS will:
- collect and use information required for its primary function only. Other purposes will involve the written consent of the individual concerned;
- ensure that stakeholders are informed about what information is collected and why and how such collections are administered;
- store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access;
- provide individuals with access to their own information to ensure accuracy with the capacity to correct misleading, incomplete or out of date material;
- provide individuals with the option to remain anonymous when completing evaluation forms or surveys;
- release information to a third party as may be requested and/or approved by an individual from time to time.
The APLS Board is responsible for ensuring the implementation and review of this policy.