The 6th edition of ‘Advanced Paediatric Life Support: The Practical Approach' is a comprehensive clinical handbook for the wide range of paediatric emergencies.
A companion to the structured approach practised on APLS courses, the manual was first produced by the UK’s Advanced Life Support Group in 1993. The publication draws on the knowledge of an international working group and editions are updated regularly, with the most recent release in 2017.
This edition has been adapted specifically for use in Australia and New Zealand by APLS Australia, with the latest procedures, medications and clinical best practice to match the guidelines of the Australia and New Zealand Resuscitation Councils.
Using the structured approach, a tried and tested practical method of treating children during the crucial first few hours of a life-threatening illness or injury, 'Advanced Paediatric Life Support: The Practical Approach' is used by doctors, nurses and allied health professionals dealing with emergencies in children. Its clear, full-colour layout and straightforward style make it a highly practical tool both for training and in the event of an emergency.
Further copies are available from APLS for $100 plus postage which varies depending on state. Contact APLS to order a copy.
Major new features in the 6th edition include:
- Fully adapted for use in Australia and New Zealand, with updates to chapters on shock, the choking child, basic life support and cardiac arrest
- The latest International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) 2015 guidelines
- The latest consensus guidelines on paediatric trauma
- Enhanced discussions on the importance of human factors
- A new and improved design with full colour photographs and diagrams
- Free access to the Wiley E-Text