APLS Online Learning
Watch Dr Simon Young introduce APLS Online Learning: an award-winning interactive pre-course program available to all course candidates.
Want to login to your online learning? Log in via My APLS and follow the orange link in your User Panel on the right.
There are three components to the APLS course program.
- APLS Manual: Advanced Paediatric Life Support: The Practical Approach 6th ed
- APLS Online Learning: Approximately 8-10 hours of pre-learning, focused on key knowledge and clinical priorities in preparation for the interactive 3 day course
- APLS Face to Face Program: For application of knowledge through skill stations, workshops and simulation role play
The face to face program timetable is as follows:
- Day One 1015 - 1815 hrs (Course dinner in evening)
- Day Two 0800 - 1730 hrs
- Day Three 0800 - 1600 hrs (approx.)
Compulsory pre-course preparation comprises of the manual and the pre-course online learning.
APLS Online Learning consists of 25 individual modules to enhance your learning and understanding of clinical priorities for the management of critically ill and injured children.
Each module has questions and learning activities for you to complete.
It is anticipated that the pre-course online learning will take you approximately 8-10 hours to complete. Your progress will be monitored by APLS and provided to the course director when you attend. Reminder emails and text messages will be sent to you one month, 2 weeks and 1 week before the face to face course.
Please note that you are required to complete the online learning component for successful completion of the APLS provider course.
As soon as your place on the course is secured with payment you will be granted online learning access, available until one month following the face to face program. If you don't receive your login, please contact APLS.
Want to find out more? Try our Frequently Asked Questions.