Paediatric Life Support
The one day Paediatric Life Support is an introduction to the APLS approach, focused on the first ten minutes of emergency paediatric care.
Information is presented in lectures, workshops, practical sessions and hands-on emergency scenarios over a single day, covering all the basics of emergency management in a paediatric setting.
Candidates receive a comprehensive course manual, and are tested on key components.
PLS candidates can now receive a $250 discount if they continue their training with the full APLS course. Click here for details.
The course covers:
- Basic life support
- Airway management
- Cardiac rhythm recognition and defibrillation
- Recognition of the seriously injured and seriously ill child
- One day
- From $210 (prices vary depending on courses & candidate circumstances - contact your hospital for funding options.)
Registration fee includes copy of the APLS manual
- Increased confidence, awareness, skills and ability to respond to basic paediatric emergencies
- Certificate issued upon successful completion