Paediatric Life Support
The one day Paediatric Life Support course is an introduction to the APLS approach, focused on the first ten minutes of emergency paediatric care.
The PLS learning environment is dynamic, hands-on and practical, with a single day of scenarios, workshops and skills sessions covering all the basics of emergency management in a paediatric setting.
Key course concepts are introduced during a high quality pre-course online learning package. Skills are reinforced during the face-to-face PLS course, and candidates also receive a comprehensive manual for future reference.
PLS candidates can now receive a $250 discount if they continue their training by taking the full APLS course. Click here for details.
The course covers:
- Basic life support
- Airway management
- Cardiac rhythm recognition and defibrillation
- Recognition of the seriously injured and seriously ill child
- One day
- From $210 (prices vary depending on courses & candidate circumstances - contact your hospital for funding options.)
Registration fee includes copy of the APLS manual and access to the PLS pre-course online learning package
- Increased confidence, awareness, skills and ability to respond to basic paediatric emergencies
- Certificate issued upon successful completion